[j-nsp] MX960 with 3 RE's?

Daniel Dobrijałowski daniel.dobrijalowski at pwr.wroc.pl
Wed Jan 13 12:56:34 EST 2016

Hi!

Dnia 13 stycznia 2016 18:08:36 CET, Niall Donaghy
>Finally about the REs, you can physically house a spare RE in the dual
>purpose SCB2 / MPC6 slot but I believe it lacks the additional
>backplane connections to enable the RE to work, hence it lies there
>dead.

My knowelage about MXes may be outdates, but AFAIR there is even more missing than backplane
links. There are internal switches on REs. Each line card has only two ports to connect with 2 "switches",
one for each RE. It would require more links in backplane and more internal ports on line card, so it would
be incompatible with MPC3E. I have no knowelage about how internal switches on newer cards are build.

--
Pozdrawiam
Daniel Dobrijałowski