[j-nsp] RTBH

Johan Borch johan.borch at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 16:10:46 EST 2016

Hi!

I have implemented RTBH in my small network of 8 routers. DFZ is running in
a L3VPN and each router has an multihop ibgp-session with my RTBH-router
and it works, but I have one thing that annoys me.

If I announce an offending IP to be black holed, only one of the routers
will point to the discard route. The other 7 will see the announced route
via BGP från the one that got it first I guess and send the traffic to that
one where is is discarded. If I do show extensive on the route it is prefer
because of IGP. I can't figure out how to get each router to prefer the
discard localy. If I do local pref on one router the other 7 will send the
traffic there instead.

Every router has

     route a.b.c.d/32 {
            discard;
            install;
        }

And from sending RTBH router, they are announced with next-hop a.b.c.d.

Idéas? :)

Regards
Johan