[j-nsp] MX960 with 3 RE's?

Jeff Jeff.Meyers at gmx.net
Thu Jan 14 17:46:44 EST 2016

Am 14.01.2016 um 06:45 schrieb Mark Tinka:
> The 64-bit RE gives you more memory to hold more routes, but if you
> only need 4x full BGP feeds today, the RE-S-2000 should be fine.
> Naturally, the newer RE will provide longer-term support for later
> Junos releases (especially with the architectural differences between
> Junos 15 and anything else before it). But in your case, the RE-S-2000
> should be just fine.

Can you elaborate on that? Will the RE-2000 not work with JunOS 15+? We
are actually planning to upgrade to JunOS soon because it supports NDP
cache protection:

http://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos15.1/topics/task/configuration/ndp-cache-protection-configuring.html

I know it's quite now and not recommended but in my eyes this feature is
quite important to secure the network unless you want to assign /126 and
alike  to your customers instead of the recommended, typical /64 and
increase management overhead for everybody involved.

Thanks,
Jeff