[j-nsp] RTBH

Raphael Mazelier raph at futomaki.net
Fri Jan 15 12:58:08 EST 2016

Le 15/01/16 17:40, Hugo Slabbert a écrit :
> Sounds like the router that receives the initial RTBH /32 is
> re-advertising that to your other peers, i.e.:
>
> - RTBH box announces /32 with a.b.c.d/32 next-hop discard via BGP
> - RTBH BGP peer #1 receives and installs the route
> - that discard route on RTBH BGP peer #2 is picked up in its IGP export
>    policy, so it exports it into your IGP
> - other RTBH BGP peers receive both the original BGP route from the RTBH
>    box as well as the route RTBH BGP peer #1 injected into your IGP
> - IGP preference beats BGP, therefore remaining RTBH BGP peers prefer
> the   IGP route that peer #1 injected
>
> Check your IGP export policy; you shouldn't be exporting the RTBH route
> into your IGP.

I can missing the point, but this seems ok to redistribute rtbh route in
your IBGP, because you don't want to make session to your rtbh feeder on
all your routers ?
And as generaly we configure IBGP session with next hop self, rtbh route
are directed to the origin router. That's why the Niall setup is
required, make an execption (do not nhs rtbh route) and set a next hop
that is localy resolved, to discard.

--
Raphael Mazelier