[j-nsp] Mixed vcf question

james list jameslist72 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 10:22:13 EST 2016

Hello experts,

a question regarding a mixed VCF environment with QFX5100 as spine and
QFX5100/EX4300 as leaf.

My customer question is: what are the Layer2/Layer3 maximum performance
expected to be reached in a mixed environment ?

The one reached by QFX5100 or the one reached by EX4300 or something else ?

I imagine that if traffic enter on QFX and exit on QFX the performance are
the one from QFX, if enter on QFX and exit on EX the performance are the
one from EX.

For performance I mean max throughput, max switching capacity, maximum
supported routes, etc..

Am I correct ?

Any reference url or experience ?

Thank you in advance