[j-nsp] Mixed vcf question

William Johansson william.johansson83 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 05:23:12 EST 2016

Hi

Yes as Alexander pointed out the problem is the pfe of the linecards/switches acting as leaves.
The pro of this architecture is that the leaves support local traffic forwarding. The drawback is that the local traffic handling requires local resources in the leaf, ie the pfe which is downloaded from the re.
If you compare it to Cisco Nexus 2000 series acting as access switches in a fex configuration, they don't require their cam/tcam on the switches but with the drawback of no local traffic forwarding.

Br William