[j-nsp] Bandwidth aware using BGP on ISP transit

tim tiriche tim.tiriche at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 05:35:47 EST 2016

Hello,

How do big companies manage traffic on ISP links automatically.

For eg: I have 10 ISP/Transit links and all announcing the same prefixes.

During a DDOS attack, one of the ISP link got saturated.

I would like to be able to do something if bandwidth exceeds 50% use other
links.

In MPLS, we can leverage RSVP subscription.  Is there a way to automate
this for Transit peers?

In the past, i have used aspath for certain prefixes which is slow and does
not help for short lived DDOS attacks.

Thanks!
-tim