[j-nsp] MX960 Power Options

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Mon Jan 25 23:20:47 EST 2016

I recommend 4 x 208V.  The MX960 uses "power zones" in a 2+2
arrangement where half of the chassis is powered by 2 PEMs, and the
other half of the chassis is powered by the other 2 PEMs.  Make sure
the 1st PEM for each zone is powered by the A feed, and the 2nd PEM
for each zone is powered by the B feed.  For dual-input PEMs, you
should put both inputs of a single PEM on the same branch circuit,
either A or B.

I would use two PDUs to break out the two 208V/30AMP outlets to
multiple C19's (plus any C13's you need), and then use C19/C20 cords.
Each branch circuit PDU will have 4 C19/C20 cords connected (2 PEMs x
2 inputs per PEM).  Alternatively you could use L6-20 PDU
outlets/cords.