[j-nsp] apply-macro to set named communities on static routes?

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Fri Jan 29 12:32:10 EST 2016

On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 02:16:52PM -0500, Chuck Anderson wrote:
> Does anyone know why Junos doesn't accept named communities for static
> routes?  This doesn't work:
>
> set routing-options static route 192.0.2.0/24 community TEST
> set policy-options community TEST members 65000:100
>
> Instead we are forced to put the value directly:
>
> set routing-options static route 192.0.2.0/24 community 65000:100

Does anyone have any ideas on how to use a commit script to implement
named communities on static routes?  Maybe with apply-macro?  I would
love to see suggestions on how this might be implemented... Thanks!