[j-nsp] mixed interface, switching + routed

Hugo Slabbert hugo at slabnet.com
Tue Jul 5 14:32:22 EDT 2016

On Tue 2016-Jul-05 13:23:38 -0500, Josh Reynolds <josh at kyneticwifi.com> wrote:

>EX4500

This would be done with flexible-ethernet-services on MX, but I don't
believe it's supported to mix L2 and L3 on the same port on the EX4500.
We've tried that on 4550, and you can't mix family ethernet-switching with
e.g. vlan-tagging, which is what you would use for your L3 unit.

You could change the interface into a trunk, run your existing access vlan
as native, and create an RVI for your L3 interface, but that may or may not
cut it depending on what you need that L3 interface for.

Hugo Slabbert       | email, xmpp/jabber: hugo at slabnet.com
pgp key: B178313E   | also on Signal