[j-nsp] Basic NAT44 on MS-MPC implementation help

Josh Reynolds josh at kyneticwifi.com
Tue Jul 12 13:28:57 EDT 2016

Here's what I've got going on now...

set services nat pool centralolt01 address xx.yy.196.3/32
set services nat rule cgnat match-direction input
set services nat rule cgnat term THINGTONAT1 from source-address 100.64.1.0/24
set services nat rule cgnat term THINGTONAT1 from destination-address 0.0.0.0/0
set services nat rule cgnat term THINGTONAT1 then translated
source-pool centralolt01
set services nat rule cgnat term THINGTONAT1 then translated
translation-type dynamic-nat44

set services service-set cgnat nat-rules cgnat
set services service-set cgnat interface-service service-interface ms-4/0/0

set chassis fpc 4 pic 0 inline-services bandwidth 20g

set interfaces ms-4/0/0 unit 0 family inet

set interfaces ae1 unit 0 family inet service input service-set cgnat
service-filter sf-in
set interfaces ae1 unit 0 family inet service output service-set cgnat
service-filter sf-out

MAP: WAN <----- border mx -----><----- core mx (ms-mpc-128) ----->
transport routers

Between the border mx and core is a LAG group with OSPF running on it,
same goes between the core mx and the transport routers.

Filter: __service-cgnat:sf-in
Counters:
Name                                                Bytes              Packets
sf-in-filter-hit                                    54354                  824

Filter: __service-cgnat:sf-out
Counters:
Name                                                Bytes              Packets
sf-out-filter-excluded-from-nat                  10064529                19915

So my rule is getting hit, but for some reason traffic can't make it
past the core router to the border. Is it because this address pool
I'm using for SNAT is done inline, and doesn't actually exist
anywhere? If that's so, it makes sense, I just don't know how to go
about fixing that.

Any help or insight would be appreciated. Thank you.