[j-nsp] juniper router reccomendations

Mike mike+jnsp at willitsonline.com
Tue Jul 26 22:33:58 EDT 2016

Hello,

     I am a network operator and have been firmly in the cisco camp for
many years but the price for 10g ports simply seems too unreasonably
high across the whole product line and I'm wondering if Juniper might be
a better solution for me.

     In fact, have a need for a new edge router today and the job would
simply be full bgp tables taken on a 10g port, filtering/rate limiting
DDoS type traffic (for us, inbound dns > 15mbps = attack, for example)
and then forwarding the remainder to a 1Gbps uplink behind the router.
How much of a juniper box do I need to accomplish that and what
models/licenses would I need to accomplish this?

     I would appreciate any and all comments.

     Thank you

Mike-