[j-nsp] juniper router reccomendations

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Wed Jul 27 07:32:54 EDT 2016

On 27 July 2016 at 12:35, Tore Anderson <tore at fud.no> wrote:
> You don't need full tables for failover, getting a default from each
> provider will do fine for that purpose.

I would encourage never to use default in dynamic routing, because if
edge router of provider becomes isolated, you'll still get the default
even though it'll blackhole everything.
Using static recursive route pointing to to some stable prefix (like
provider's own PA, which they likely originate from core boxes, not
from edge) will allow you to route around this failure mode.
As a last-resort you could do less preferable static route to the link
address, in case the PA you're tracking is gone from all possible
egresses.

--
  ++ytti