[j-nsp] juniper router reccomendations

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Fri Jul 29 08:58:00 EDT 2016

On 29 July 2016 at 15:00, Adam Vitkovsky <Adam.Vitkovsky at gamma.co.uk> wrote:

Hey,

> Ok that makes sense, but I have read somewhere that on MX80 (not sure about
> MX104), only MICs have H-QOS (but I'd expect the H-QOS to be available in
> the WAN out rather than Fabric out direction).
> So I probably remember it the other way around it's the integrated ports
> that only support H-QOS then?

You remember correctly.

It's not HW restriction, QX does not care where the packets came in.
Problem is QX is isn't fast enough to do deal with 40Gbps OUT. Then
they added IN support. So It would need to support 40+40+40+40, to do
in+out on all ports, when it can't support 40.
I guess they just wanted to avoid people oversubscribing QX too much,
probably had to add code to create the limit.

--
  ++ytti