[j-nsp] "replace pattern" Command & White Spaces

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Sat Jul 30 15:06:41 EDT 2016

On 30 July 2016 at 20:02, Mark Tinka <mark.tinka at seacom.mu> wrote:
> Not sure if I understand you - are you saying "replace" does not support
> Junos commands, and only works on user configurations?

Consider you have metric 42, you want to change that to 43. Now you
probably don't want to risk changing every 42 => 43, because 42 could
be used in many context. So you'd maybe want to do replace "metric 42"
"metric 43", you can't, it won't have visibility on syntax/keyword
'metric', only on the variable/value '42'.

--
  ++ytti