[j-nsp] force-64bit

Phil Rosenthal pr at isprime.com
Wed Jun 1 12:22:50 EDT 2016

I’ll ask the obvious question — do you actually have a ‘need’ for this?

Even on systems with many peers, 5+ full tables, and a full IGP mesh, I haven’t seen rpd much over 1GB of ram in use.  64bit rpd would only be beneficial if you have a need for a rpd process using more than 4GB of ram.

Is this a theoretical use case, or is there an actual need?

Best Regards,
-Phil Rosenthal