[j-nsp] SRX Active/Active

Aaron Dewell aaron.dewell at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 17:08:23 EDT 2016

Hi Brian,

Those all are good mitigation steps for an RG0 failover.  There are some caveats about graceful restart on the SRXs, but those should have been fixed a while ago.  Just to be sure, I’d get a recommendation on Junos version from your local SE.

Another option is to not use a cluster at all, and make them active/active via routing protocols.  Then, a control plane failure only kills one side.  But then failovers are stateless which has more impact.

However, control plane failures are rare, so it’s chasing a very small probability in the end.

Aaron