[j-nsp] EX4600: Splitting up one QSFP+ port into four SFP+ ports?

v vekt0r7 at gmx.net
Thu Mar 17 06:40:45 EDT 2016

Hello,

I am interested in buying an EX4600 and curious about the QSFP+ ports. My question is the following:
Can the QSFP+ ports really be split up into four fully featured SFP+ ports? Are there any caveats or disadvantagas to this approach?

I'm asking because the EX4600 costs just as much as the EX4550 (which has 32 SFP+ ports). If we could split up the QSFP+ ports on the EX4600 to have 40 fully featured SFP+ ports that would be awesome.

Regards,