[j-nsp] Core network design for an ISP

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Fri Mar 25 16:57:18 EDT 2016

On 25 March 2016 at 22:52, Adam Vitkovsky <Adam.Vitkovsky at gamma.co.uk> wrote:

> Not a fan of VRF based features or localization
> As far as I know you'll get involved with lookups on multiple NPUs either way, though I'm not aware of any multiple fabric travels (apart from m-cast replication god forbid :) )

As far as I understand packet coming from core won't know which edge
interface to take, so send to some edge NPU for lookup, which if lucky
has egress interface, if not, at least we now know which edge NPU has.

> Yeah transit DDoS and how it flows through the chassis along VPN traffic, well "should be fine" but have anyone tested this actually please?

No, not specifically. I just don't see how it's different than any
normal congestion.

--
  ++ytti