[j-nsp] Core network design for an ISP

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Mon Mar 28 01:42:10 EDT 2016

On 27/Mar/16 13:47, Saku Ytti wrote:

> I think this is not really delivering the fewer state/protocols?
> You're going to run another LDP session, exposing new LDP code. It's
> probably going to more fragile than either native IPv6 or 6PE.
> I would not touch LDPv6 ever. I'd do 6PE or SR.

I won't be deploying it in the early code, just testing. It'll probably
take me a year to 18x months to operationalize LDPv6.

While it will add yet another protocol, I can take BGPv6 out of the core.

I'm still looking at SR, but its deployment will depend on its level of
support and maturity compared to LDPv6 at the time I'm ready to add
either one.

Definitely won't do 6PE, but that's just me.

Mark.