[j-nsp] Sending iBGP prefixes to another iBGP neighbour

Chris Kawchuk juniperdude at gmail.com
Thu May 5 20:49:27 EDT 2016

If you put the Linux session into a VRF on the MX104, then run L2VPN between the MX104 and MX80, (may have to enable the independent-domain knob int he vrf), you can solve it that way too..

however the egress interface on the MX80 also needs to be in the VRF.

I use this a lot for solving eBGP -> iBGP -> iBGP -> iBGP without the use of route-reflectors (and yes, this is a corner case I know), where I have the same AS on one of the PE-CE pairs; and need to run iBGP to my MX. ... and No, we cannot change the last session to eBGP (which would solve this). ;)

HTH.

- CK.