[j-nsp] Virtual route reflector physical layout

raf raph at futomaki.net
Fri May 6 12:52:59 EDT 2016

Le 06/05/2016 à 17:21, Mark Tinka a écrit :

> Your RR's should be part of your IGP, otherwise iBGP won't work.
Yep my question is a non sense.
> Having two links into your RR's is certainly recommended.
> So I've always used core switches in my PoP's. The reason is simple -
> core router ports are not cheap, as you rightly mention.

Wow such a debate here. I have no core switch and unfortunately not so
much free port on my routers. (and is not going to change)
My topologies is multi pop, but with a classical design, edge routers,
core router, and aggregation routers (RR clients).
I have some port on edge, and aggregation routers, but not on core
router which are my preferred placement...

> In our case, our CSR1000v-based RR's are running on HP servers. Those
> connect into our 2 core switches in each PoP over Cat-6 into a copper
> SFP in the core switch (as the core switch is an all-optical unit).
>
> I'd also recommend connecting your iLO-equivalent ports on your RR's to
> your internal management network, just to maintain some OoB access to
> the hypervisor for future troubleshooting.

Yep all our servers have management and oob access. No problem on this part.
I will study the juniper 'shadow host', look interesting but a bit
complicated.

--
Raphael Mazelier