[j-nsp] EX4600 Vs QFX 5100 VS ACX 5048

Aaron aaron1 at gvtc.com
Thu May 12 08:35:14 EDT 2016

Hi Colton,

Q1 - Have you tested any of the OAM features on the ACX5048 like Y.1564, 802.3ah, 802.1ag, Y.1731, Two-Way Active Measurement Protocol (TWAMP) and RFC2544?

A1 – no, but we do have a CFM effort underway for getting to know CFM better and understand how to architect network-wide CFM domains/levels, mips, meps, up, down all that stuff…. So perhaps later I would be able to speak to this.

Q2 - Do you have smaller ACX's like the 2200 connected to the ACX5048?

A2 – I have no other acx’s.  I only have acsx5048’s.  (I do have some ex4550’s virtual chassis’d together as ToR switches in my 2 small datacenters and they are not connected to acx5048’s…. at least at the moment)

Q3 - Are you using Juniper MX routers in your network as well?

A3 – not at the moment.  Only in the lab.  I have one mx104 testing cgnat.  If I decide on the juniper solution for cgnat then I might go with mx104 or mx240/480 with ms-mpc licensed npu’s.  (I have vMX in GNS3 virtual environment)

….who knows, maybe when we begin planning the increase of our 20 gbps asr9k cisco ring, we may consider mx480’s there too.

-Aaron