[j-nsp] Monitoring a gre tunnel on an EX4200

Chris Kawchuk juniperdude at gmail.com
Tue May 17 19:31:23 EDT 2016

Yeah.. not there:

{master:0}[edit protocols oam]
chrisk at SwitchyMcSwitchFace# set ?
Possible completions:
+ apply-groups         Groups from which to inherit configuration data
+ apply-groups-except  Don't inherit configuration data from these groups
> ethernet             OAM configuration for Ethernet
{master:0}[edit protocols oam]

chrisk at SwitchyMcSwitchFace> show version
fpc0:
Hostname: ex2200-c
Model: ex2200-c-12t-2g
Junos: 14.1X53-D35.3

> Any ideas how I could monitor the status of a tunnel? There is an
> OSPF adjacency on the tunnel which is in a non-default
> routing-instance.

Tune your OSPF timers down, look for that in SNMP trap / event script SLAX, etc..

> Could you perhaps suggest an SNMP OID to monitor the OSPF adjacency in
> a non-default routing-instance?

Likely. I'll SNMPWalk my EX2220c here and see if I can spot anything. I recall seeing something in an OSPF MIB last time when I did this; but never implemented it myself. BGP session monitoring is there via the standard MIBs to show status (0=active, 5=Established, etc..), so likely something similar (but I'm guessing at this point..)

- CK.