[j-nsp] Option B L2vpn

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Thu May 19 10:37:56 EDT 2016

Before doing OptB, consider the implications.

a) no per customer QoS
b) no per customer ACL
c) no per customer counters
d) need 100% trust on far end, unless RFC4364 page32 last sentence is
implemented (it is not)

If you have 100% trust, why not just do straight up OptC or native? If
you don't have 100% trust, you need to do OptA.

There has been some ideas thrown around how to solve this issue, but
not enough traction. What most people doing MPLS NNI's want is OptA
like trust, OptB like provisioning, with optional ability to add
QoS/ACL/counters when needed. There is no technical reason it couldn't
exist. I've spent all 5min thinking about this, and I'd love to see
something like this http://ip.fi/mpls-optX.txt

On 19 May 2016 at 16:40, Anand Anand <myemail.ananth at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Looking for Option B l2vpn configuration using Juniper MX.

  ++ytti