[j-nsp] srrd process

Han Hwei Woo han at astutehosting.com
Thu May 19 13:03:01 EDT 2016

We had an MX80 become unresponsive the other night while trying to turn
down our peers at an exchange during a maintenance, which was due to
running out of RAM and a bunch of processes swapping out. We had
recently upgraded to 14.2R6.5, and have now noticed there is a new
process that wasn't present in 12.3 and 13.3.

   PID USERNAME       THR PRI NICE   SIZE    RES STATE    TIME   WCPU
COMMAND
  1733 root             1   4    0   778M   705M kqread  43:13  0.73% rpd
  1745 root             1  40    0   585M   578M select   0:20  0.00% srrd

I can't seem to find anything about what srrd is. Anyone have any ideas,
and what function it serves? Almost 600MB out of a total 2GB on an MX80
is quite a good portion.

--
Han Hwei Woo
han at astutehosting.com

Astute Hosting Incorporated
T: 1.888.685.1661 (604.637.7939)
M: 604.417.2092
F: 604.738.0518
www.astutehosting.com
100% Uptime Dedicated Hosting in Vancouver, Seattle,
Los Angeles, Toronto, New York, and Miami