[j-nsp] SRX 1500

Thu May 19 15:57:54 EDT 2016

Heya.

Has anyone used box yet?

http://www.juniper.net/us/en/products-services/security/srx-series/srx1500/ <http://www.juniper.net/us/en/products-services/security/srx-series/srx1500/>

It looks like a nice box 12 Copper 1G 4x 1G sfp and 4x 10g sfp+ 2mill fib and 86x running Junos 15 at 11k msrp. Looks like it might be pretty interesting for a small deploy depending on the speeds it can get in packet mode. Pick up a table or two on the sfp+ and an IX on the 1g sip.
Anyone comment on convergence time, feature set, commit time etc? I see 16G of ram which should be nice for its RIB but no info on the CPU itself. Is it a xeon?

Looks like a very interesting box but I have yet to hear anything about it.

Cheers,
Max