[j-nsp] what’s the story behind MPC5E

Adam Vitkovsky Adam.Vitkovsky at gamma.co.uk
Sun May 22 03:14:03 EDT 2016

Aww now I see where the confusion is coming from.
I wasn't talking about the traffic entering the PFE via WAN input, but I meant traffic coming in via Fabric input, should have mention that explicitly.

Unless you have cone filters at all AS entry points you can't really control or capacity manage how much traffic is going to be sent down to any port hosting publically accessible services or customers during a DDoS attack.
In this direction (from fabric) it is very easy for a PFE to get oversubscribed and it doesn't even need to be doing anything fancy and can have just one active port on it, just the 240Gbps from fabric can max it out.

adam

        Adam Vitkovsky
        IP Engineer

T:      0333 006 5936
E:      Adam.Vitkovsky at gamma.co.uk
W:      www.gamma.co.uk

This is an email from Gamma Telecom Ltd, trading as “Gamma”. The contents of this email are confidential to the ordinary user of the email address to which it was addressed. This email is not intended to create any legal relationship. No one else may place any reliance upon it, or copy or forward all or any of it in any form (unless otherwise notified). If you receive this email in error, please accept our apologies, we would be obliged if you would telephone our postmaster on +44 (0) 808 178 9652 or email postmaster at gamma.co.uk

Gamma Telecom Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales, with limited liability, with registered number 04340834, and whose registered office is at 5 Fleet Place London EC4M 7RD and whose principal place of business is at Kings House, Kings Road West, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 5BY.