[j-nsp] RE-S-X6-64G-BB

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Wed May 25 17:01:45 EDT 2016

On 25/May/16 20:57, Saku Ytti wrote:

> I don't find much value in official recommendations. Generally
> strategy with all vendors is:
>
> 1) get newest supported (if long term release exist then that)
> software available
> 2) if defects, upgrade minor version
> 3) if hw requires or feature requires, upgrade major version

Agree with the above.

I generally avoid the official recommendations because they won't have
the features we need, but are reasonably stable and well tested.

The fact that they may not have extended support does not bother me too
much, as it's all a function of how much life I can get out of the code
before something forces me to upgrade (a phenomenon which also affects
the extended-support releases as well).

Mark.