[j-nsp] RE-S-X6-64G-BB

Phil Rosenthal pr at isprime.com
Wed May 25 17:39:46 EDT 2016

> On May 25, 2016, at 5:37 PM, Mark Tinka <mark.tinka at seacom.mu> wrote:
>

> On 25/May/16 23:33, Phil Rosenthal wrote:
>
>> There is a different network card driver, so it would require a different kernel.
>
> Which needs time, porting and testing...
>
> Mark.

Oh I know, I was just saying that this is probably the biggest technical reason, and it would therefore potentially impact Junos for older RE's too, since they will all run the same kernel.

I think Juniper made the right call -- if you have a reason to "need" the bleeding edge RE, you should also be fine with running the bleeding edge Junos.

-Phil