[j-nsp] MX80 Subscriber Management

kworm83 at gmail.com kworm83 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 09:55:38 EST 2016

Hi, I’m trying to get rid of an old Redback SMS device in our network and I would like to replicate it’s functionality on an MX.  We have some legacy subscribers that come in via Ethernet in the SVLAN model, i.e. an outer tag that identifies the MSAN and then an inner tag for each subscriber.  Currently the Redback relays the DHCP requests and no radius auth is done…our DHCP server allows or denies the request based on MAC.  Would anyone familiar with this feature on the MX80 care to share a config snippet as to how that would be done.   I’ve had a look at some of the Day One stuff but it seems to be more complex and involve radius auth which I would like to avoid.

Thanks,

Kevin