[j-nsp] Laser shutdown feature with vpn circuits

Khairul Alam alam.khairul at summitcommunications.net
Sat Nov 12 14:51:48 EST 2016

Hello all,

Is there any feature on juniper devices in which I can bind a client facing
port's (UNI) laser to shut off when the vpn goes down? If it could be done
over cc circuit that would be the best but bgp based L3 vpn would do the
trick as well. One of my client's (a telco) requires that his port must go
down along with the circuit as he would be integrating the link over his IGP
network and the switching on his end needs to be hitless. Couldn't find a
probable solution to this over Ethernet; SDH solutions are proving to be
expensive considering current situation.

Any sort of suggestions or help is welcome.

Cheers,

Khairul