[j-nsp] QoS when there is no congestion

adamv0025 at netconsultings.com adamv0025 at netconsultings.com
Mon Nov 14 03:43:42 EST 2016

> Of Andrey Khomyakov
> Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2016 9:28 PM
>
> is deployed. As usual, YMMV, but that’s my experience with QoS.
> Every time I tried it, it turned out to be more headache than just buying more
> BW.

Yeah YMMV indeed, as your approach works only in one of the three cases below:
1) Your network is not connected to the Internet.
1) Your network is connected to the Internet, but all traffic on your network is best effort.
3) Your network is connected to the Internet, but the sum of traffic that can ingress your network from the Internet is less than the capacity of the smallest link on your network.

adam

netconsultings.com
::carrier-class solutions for the telecommunications industry::