[j-nsp] QoS when there is no congestion

Andrey Khomyakov khomyakov.andrey at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 12:04:10 EST 2016

"My opinion on QoS for networks with low bandwidth is to always implement
it." Most definitely. Scheduled drops are always better than tail drops.
As for microbursts, I can't say I'm very knowledgeable about what that is.
I'm guessing that we are talking about extremely brief periods when egress
rate exceeds line rate, but not long enough to get registered on the stats
collectors that we all look at. In this case, I don't know if QoS has a
chance to do any work here.

--Andrey