[j-nsp] Questions about EX4550 switches

Valentini, Lucio Lucio.Valentini at siag.it
Wed Nov 16 09:42:20 EST 2016

Hi there,

To your questions, I´ve been using EX series switchs for over 2 years now:

1. Configuring firewall gives me "Warning: statement ignored:

unsupported platform (ex4550-32f)" when including "except". I'm trying to filter ALL traffic except from some IP but except is not working.

Indeed; "except" does not work, therefore you have to reconfigure your filter in order to do the same thing;

2. All the box have 13.2X51-D35.3 (Junos 13.2??) but juniper site says

12.3R12 is suggested as of the moment. JunOS 15 and 16 is available for the box (I think) but I am not sure what to follow.

The 12.3R12 is recommended also for EX2200 and EX4200; always follow Juniper´s recommendations! The table of recommended versions is available on the website juniper.net
Ref.: https://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB21476&actp=search

3. Not really technical but if someone can help. I just signed up for an account on their site so I can download checkout the firmware(s) but I haven't got a response from them.

Juniper are a bit slow in responding on EX issues, but this forum has been helpful to me so far. Good luck.

Lucio