[j-nsp] SNMP NMS support of Junos VLAN MIBs

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Fri Nov 18 13:37:32 EST 2016

On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 12:40:05PM +0000, Phil Mayers wrote:
> On 11/12/15 17:16, Chuck Anderson wrote:
>
> >For those of us who wish to/need to use commercial NMS software, are
> >there any that support NETCONF?  And NETCONF isn't the answer yet
> >anyway to cross-vendor standardization, at least not until standard
> >YANG models are developed.  At least Q-BRIDGE-MIB exists as a
> >standard.
>
> On the commercial NMSes, no idea. I would hope that commercial
> products would provide a way to integrate external datasources, but
> maybe not.
>
> I take your point about Netconf versus SNMP, and I don't disagree
> with you that Juniper should really fix this - "it's been broken for
> ages" is a pretty poor excuse, they could always provide a config
> knob to toggle on the new behaviour.
>
> But I just don't see them fixing it.

They fixed it in 14.1X53-D40 and made it configurable.  Add this
configuration to make Q-BRIDGE-MIB follow the standard defintion of
PortList:

set switch-options mib dot1q-mib port-list bit-map

[edit switch-options]
+   mib {
+       dot1q-mib {
+           port-list bit-map;