[j-nsp] EVPN -VXLAN in production

Alain Hebert ahebert at pubnix.net
Fri Nov 25 15:39:37 EST 2016

    Hi,

Contrary to earlier feedback I received, this works.

    Lab of 6 x QFX.  5 in a VCF, 1 standalone, connected thru
EVPN/VXLAN.  And a pair of MX.

        QFX5100 14.1D5x and vMX (16.x), we decided not to use our
production MX yet;

        irb routing for the VLAN's spanning the EVPN/VXLAN between the 2
stacks need to use the MX;

        local irb routing is available locally to the stack if needed;

        Drawback: I couldn't test it yet, but you shouldn't be able to
pass your customer LACP natively across the EVPN.

    There is a new image that should be out this month that greatly help.

    Check for Licensing, I have BGP+VCF+VXLAN.  As always check your
JRep first =D

    Be sure to use the IP of the lo0 for the EVPN sessions, we where
stalled on that one for a few days.

    And if your spending $$$ on the QFX10k, that should be the same as
having the MXs

    Good luck.

-----
Alain Hebert                                ahebert at pubnix.net
PubNIX Inc.
50 boul. St-Charles
P.O. Box 26770     Beaconsfield, Quebec     H9W 6G7
Tel: 514-990-5911  http://www.pubnix.net    Fax: 514-990-9443