[j-nsp] Debug ip packet equivalent for directed at RE traffic

Alex K. nsp.lists at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 14:17:41 EST 2016

Thank you Tim and Chris,

But correct me if I'm wrong - those are not quite the same thing.

There's no doubt packets are reaching the box (I have PC connected directly
to the switch).

The difference between traffic monitoring/mirroring and Ciscos' debug, is
that with debug you follow the path a packet takes.

Traffic monitoring can be a really helpful first step (as I've said, there
virtually no doubt the packets are reaching the RE), but my question is
about - what's next?

Assumed you see only echo requsts and no replies (by "monitor traffic", for
example), is there is a trace option to show why an EX decided it shouldn't
answer with reply (from its own address)?

בתאריך 28 בנוב' 2016 8:45 PM,‏ "Tim Jackson" <jackson.tim at gmail.com> כתב: