[j-nsp] EX4600 : Ping problem

Chris Morrow morrowc at ops-netman.net
Mon Nov 28 15:06:29 EST 2016

SAt Mon, 28 Nov 2016 20:55:04 +0100 (CET),
Deloin via juniper-nsp <juniper-nsp at puck.nether.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have 2 EX4600 switchs.
> They have the same symetric configurations:
>

> SWITCH EX4600-1                        SWITCH EX4600-2
>
> interfaces {                           interfaces {
>   xe-0/0/1 {                             xe-0/0/1 {
>     unit 0 {                               unit 0 {
>       family ethernet-switching {            family ethernet-switching {
>         interface-mode access;                 interface-mode access;
>         vlan {                                 vlan {
>           members vlan-RESEAUX;                  members vlan-RESEAUX;
>         }                                      }
>         storm-control default;                 storm-control default;
>       }                                      }
>     }                                      }
>   }                                      }
>
>   irb {                                  irb {
>     unit 0 {                               unit 0 {
>       family inet {                          family inet {
>         address 10.101.0.4/16;                 address 10.101.0.5/16;
>       }                                      }
>     }                                      }
>   }                                      }
> }                                      }
>

> routing-options {                      routing-options {
>   static {                               static {
>     route 0.0.0.0/0 next-hop 10.101.0.1;   route 0.0.0.0/0 next-hop 10.101.0.1;
>   }                                      }
> }                                      }
>

> vlans {                                vlans {
>   default {                              default {
>     vlan-id 1;                             vlan-id 1;
>   }                                      }
>
>   vlan-RESEAUX {                         vlan-RESEAUX {
>     vlan-id 98;                            vlan-id 98;
>     l3.interface irb.0;                    l3.interface irb.0;
>
> I put an optic fiber between xe-0/0/1 from a switch and xe-0/0/1 from the other switch.
> And I can't ping the @ 10.101.0.3 and 10.101.0.4 from each switchs.

you appear to have 2 interfaces connected, with a single fiber and a
/16 netblock assigned.  Then you ping .3 which is on neither
interface, so ... 'no route to host' normally means 'did not get an
arp reply, could not deliver packet'.

this sounds like it's working exactly as expected?