[j-nsp] Advertise inactive route EBGP session

Mileto Tales miletotalesgter at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 16:46:24 EST 2016

Hello,

I'm not having success to advertise the best BGP inactive route to my
eBGP peer. My scenario is very simple. I have configured one static
route "set routing-options static route 192.168.0.0/24 next-hop
10.0.1.1" and I'm receiving this same route by eBGP.

192.168.0.0/24 (2 entries, 1 announced)
         *Static Preference: 5
                 Next hop type: Router, Next hop index: 596
                 Address: 0x3e5e47c
                 Next-hop reference count: 14
                 Next hop: 10.0.1.1 via xe-1/3/0.0, selected
                 Session Id: 0x2f5a
                 State: <Active Int Ext>
                 Local AS: 100
                 Age: 32:19
                 Validation State: unverified
                 Task: RT
                 Announcement bits (3): 0-KRT 7-BGP_RT_Background
8-Resolve tree 2
                 Communities: 6:6
          BGP    Preference: 170/-301
                 Next hop type: Router, Next hop index: 596
                 Address: 0x3e5e47c
                 Next-hop reference count: 14
                 Source: 10.0.1.1
                 Next hop: 10.0.1.1 via xe-1/3/0.0, selected
                 Session Id: 0x2f5a
                 State: <Ext>
                 Inactive reason: Route Preference
                 Local AS: 100 Peer AS: 200
                 Age: 1d 20:50:59
                 Validation State: unverified
                 Task: BGP_200.10.0.1.1+39577
                 Announcement bits (1): 7-BGP_RT_Background
                 AS path: 200 200 I
                 Communities: 1:1
                 Accepted
                 Localpref: 300
                 Router ID: 200.200.200.200

I want to keep the static route configured in the router and advertise
BGP learned route to another eBGP peers. In my understanding the
advertise-inactive configuration inside the BGP group was supposed to
work in this scenario. I add this configuration, cleared the BGP session
and I'm still having problems to advertise the inactive route.

Another test that I did:I created a policy matching on routes that are
in inactive state and tried to export then. If I remove the static route
then the BGP is advertised (best route)

Anyone have this configuration working?

MT