[j-nsp] SRX1500 and transceiver support

Timothy Creswick timothy at creswick.eu
Sun Oct 2 12:32:31 EDT 2016

Hi All,

Is anyone seeing issues with 3rd party transceivers on the SRX1500 platform? We've already encountered PR1191710** and updated to 15.1X49-D60 accordingly.

Using identical optics (and coding) that we have successfully used in previous generation SRXs and/or MXs we are now seeing a variety of issues, including what appears to be a case of the chassis actually altering the transceiver EEPROM. In short, we don't have anything stable and the box appears to actively prohibit the use of 3rd party transceivers (as distinct from not officially supporting them).

We're talking to our SE about this but they don't seem to have many of these deployed yet.

Thanks,

Tim

** "On SRX1500 platform. when a SFP(SRX-SFP-1GE-SX) transceiver is plugged into a SFP port, it works well. However, when it is plugged into a SFP+ ports, it shows as UNSUPPORTED"