[j-nsp] Recommended firmware for QFX5100-48T

Paul S. contact at winterei.se
Tue Oct 11 01:16:14 EDT 2016

Hi Dale,

Yeah, seems to be the case. I tried configuring one as GE, the show
command simply said it couldn't find that interface afterwards.

Auto negotiation being turned on doesn't seem to matter, it linked up
even without it.

On sh int xe-0/0/0 media, you can however find these:

         Link mode: Full-duplex, Flow control: None, Remote fault: OK,
Link partner Speed: 1000 Mbps

So I think that part's OK. monitor interface and ae<x> interfaces still
claim to run  at 10g, but I think that's cosmetic?

I just need to figure out where the latency is coming from now. Does the
QFX do any ICMP deprio by default now? This is a VC of two 5100-48Ts.

Has anyone tried any of the newer firmwares? Juniper says 16.1 is latest
now.