[j-nsp] Juniper-NS5GT-ADSL as DHCP relay to the head quarter

Eng.Nawras Chahbandar nawras.chahbandar at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 04:36:36 EDT 2016

Hi every body...

I just want to know exactly if i want to make Juniper-NS5GT-ADSL device
work as
DHCP relay i just entered the following command:

set interface trust dhcp relay server-name "first remote DHCP server IP"
set interface trust dhcp relay server-name "second remote DHCP server IP"
set interface trust dhcp relay service

and topology is just like that ...

customer "Brach office" =====> "Redback" in My ISP ====> customer "Head
quarter"

where:

the juniper router at "Brach office" which its internet from my ISP as ADSL
service and will work as DHCP Relay.

the Redback in my ISP and it is configured as should be and i can reach the
DHCP server which located in head quarter from my Redback normally.

the Hedquarter where the DHCP server installed.

actually i want to ask if i have to add the DHCP server IPs to Permitted IP
addresses in juniper or not.

and what is the other consideration that i have to take to make DHCP server
reachable from the branches.

note: with Cisco devices which is located in other branches there is no
problem and its work normal as DHCP relay...
that is why i guess that the problem is related about
other consideration that i have take it on juniper devices at the beaches.

thank you from now and appreciate any replay.

Eng. nawras chahbandar