[j-nsp] Juniper-NS5GT-ADSL as DHCP relay to the head quarter

Aaron aaron1 at gvtc.com
Mon Oct 17 17:05:32 EDT 2016

Ugh, I hate that word-wrap-or-lack-thereof.... here it is again...

***** ip-helper - per-vrf *****

- server-group ftth might be changed to dsl or whatever we decide to call it

- server-group ftth x.x.x.x - we would change that ip to be whatever server
we need to set it to.

- also we might add a second server to the group if we are doing redundant
dhcp servers

- interface irb.10 might change depending on what interface you are needing
ip-help/dhcp-relay functionality on

- the route-suppression thing is important also.  For every ip address that
is dhcp assigned, junos automatically creates a /32 host route (of type
access-internal) AND I saw all those /32 routes being advertised over the
MPLS L3VPN !  this route-suppression things fixes that problem.  It stops
the creation and subsequent advertisement of /32 routes.  I think this is a
pppoe thing

- routing-instance "one" would be changed to "two" and all the relative info
for vrf two

set routing-instances one forwarding-options dhcp-relay overrides
trust-option-82

set routing-instances one forwarding-options dhcp-relay server-group ftth
192.168.252.11

set routing-instances one forwarding-options dhcp-relay group ftth
active-server-group ftth

set routing-instances one forwarding-options dhcp-relay group ftth
route-suppression access-internal

set routing-instances one forwarding-options dhcp-relay group ftth interface
irb.10

show dhcp relay statistics routing-instance one

show dhcp relay binding routing-instance one

- aaron