[j-nsp] SRX HW questions

Jason Lixfeld jason-jnsp at lixfeld.ca
Thu Sep 8 23:49:14 EDT 2016

Hey there,

I’m looking for a couple of NAT boxes.  Something cheap and cheerful.  Something that will do a gig or two (or more of IMIX).  Preferably something EoL I can get used.

- Rack mountable
- DC power (single or dual)
- 2-4 SFP ports
and/or
- 2 SFP+ ports
- Don’t care about wireless interfaces, or any other types of physical interface for that matter other than the ones listed above.
- Don’t care IPS or AV, NAT/Firewall only.
- Aggregate Ethernet works on any 1G or 10G (if applicable)
- No extra licenses
- Still has support for pretty recent JunOS versions
- v4/v6
- MPLS would be a nice-to-have (LDP/L3VPN)
- NAT64 would be a nice-to-have too.
- MP-BGP/ISIS (for MPLS)
- DHCP Relay
- Failover capable, active/standby at a minimum (JSRP)

I think that’s about all I need for features..

Thanks in advance for any pointers! :)