[j-nsp] Fate sharing between BGP and RSVP

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Tue Sep 13 18:54:20 EDT 2016

On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 06:38:10PM -0400, Rob Foehl wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Sep 2016, Chuck Anderson wrote:
>
> >Could you just use a strict MPLS path with an ERO?
>
> Hmm, doesn't look like it...  I just tried configuring an explicit
> path LSP to nowhere on a lab box, and it didn't install anything
> into the routing table without the LSP up.  Either way, a strict
> path would probably cause more trouble than it'd be worth.

I guess I don't understand what you are trying to accomplish then.
Ttaffic engineering specific routes is exactly what RSVP is used for.
The MPLS path should be torn down if there is no available
RSVP-capable route.  Did you try just not configuring RSVP on the
interfaces that can't support MPLS?