[j-nsp] Service Activation Testing

Joe Freeman joe at netbyjoe.com
Thu Sep 22 09:41:50 EDT 2016

Hello folks-

I'd like to know what everyone is doing for Ethernet Service Activation
testing out there.

I've been asked to put together a solution that allows us to do SAT on
every new turnup. These are all Ethernet services.

I've been trying to figure out how to do it in the MX platform since that's
what we predominately have in our CO's, but JTAC has recently told me that
RFC2544 or Y.1564 service testing won't be available until 17.1 at the
earliest, contrary to all the published documentation for 16.1.

What solutions have others used?

Thanks-
Joe