[j-nsp] VMX 17.1 experiencing high latency/packet loss with SRIOV

James Bensley jwbensley at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 12:00:09 EDT 2017

On 5 April 2017 at 15:38,  <stephane.litkowski at orange.com> wrote:
> The NIC is an Intel XL710 running at 10Gbps.

I don't know about vMX for Junos 17, is the i40evf driver supported
(for X710 Intel NICs)?

We are having a similar issue with Cisco's CSR1000v on CentOS with KVM
and X710 NICs. The i40evf driver isn't support by the CSR1000v at
present and we have one-way packet loss (inbound to the VM). We have
to wait for IOS-XE/CSR1000v 16.7 coming in Q3 2017to support X710
NICs/the i40evf driver. Are you use its supported for vMX 17?

Having a quick scan of juniper.net says: For single root I/O
virtualization (SR-IOV) NIC type, use Intel 82599-based PCI-Express
cards (10 Gbps) and Ivy Bridge processors.

https://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/vmx17.1/topics/reference/general/vmx-hw-sw-minimums.html

Cheers,
James.