[j-nsp] ddos protocol protection - IPv4-unclassified

Aaron Gould aaron1 at gvtc.com
Mon Apr 10 12:11:51 EDT 2017

Junos ddos protect capabilities is new to me.  I was pleasantly surprised to
learn about ddos protection in Junos and that it seems to be built-in to
Junos with Trio chip capabilities (like ACX5048 broadcomm-based doesn't seem
to support ddos protect).  In comparison to Cisco IOS-XR ASR9000, I'm pretty
sure the ddos solution is to buy additional gear and probably licensing with
its VSM-500 (virtual svcs mod) partnered with on-board Arbor Peakflow
software.

-Aaron