[j-nsp] JunOS Telemetry

Shaffi Khan shaffik at interxion.com
Tue Apr 11 09:04:34 EDT 2017

I've just started investigating using the Juniper telemetry interface for analytics on MX routers, but I'm having some problems getting it running.

I'm using the Juniper Open NTI collector, which is up and running (default config, no changes made whatsoever), however it never receives any data, as confirmed by a tcpdump on the box.

My setup is thus:

testlab at MXtestlab # run show version
Hostname: MXtestlab
Model: mx240
Junos: 15.1R4-S2.1

sensor test-sensor {
    server-name open-nti;
    export-name test-telemetry;
    polling-interval 100000000;
    resource /junos/system/linecard/interface/;
}
streaming-server open-nti {
    remote-address 10.100.0.127;
    remote-port 50000;
}
export-profile test-telemetry {
    local-address 10.100.0.96;
    local-port 30010;
    reporting-rate 1000;
    format gpb;
    transport udp;
}

The problem I see is that "show agent sensors" never reports a sensor:
testlab at MXtestlab# run show agent sensors

{master}[edit services analytics]

I've read over the Juniper docs and can't see anything obvious that I'm missing, however I'm sure it is something simple.

If anyone has any idea's I'd love to hear them!

TIA